Minimum Admission Requirements
A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution or a CSU recognized international institution is required.
- Minimum 3.00 GPA
- Applicants whose GPA is below 3.00 are still encouraged to apply. You may be required to demonstrate your potential for academic success by providing additional evidence, such as completion of graduate level coursework.
- GRE scores are not required.
Meeting the minimum requirements does not ensure admission. Admission is based on a number of factors, including prior academic and professional experience, your personal statement, and completion of an admissions interview.
Step-by-step Guide to Apply
- Applications to the residential Student Affairs in Higher Education program will be reviewed after the December 1 deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Candidate interviews will take place at the Colorado State University campus in February.
- Final admit decisions will be made by March 1. Program and assistantship offers extended at this time.
- Deadline for response to offers of program admission and assistantships is April 15.
After the initial screening of applications by the Student Affairs in Higher Education faculty, candidates are invited to campus to interview for the degree program and assistantships. This is also an opportunity to see the campus, meet current students, interact with other potential students, and gain more information about the program.
The campus interviews take place over a two day period. The first interview day is dedicated to allowing candidates to gain a better understanding of the Student Affairs in Higher Education program, curriculum, faculty, students, portfolio requirements, and other information. The selection committee, comprised of Student Affairs in Higher Education faculty members who are also advisors in the program, will conduct the program interviews on the first day. The second day is spent gaining more information about assistantships and interviewing for these positions. More information is provided once candidates are contacted and invited to campus for interviews.
This year, interviews will be occurring on February 5-7, 2020, and February 12-14, 2020.