Each year, the Student Affairs in Higher Education graduate students at Colorado State University produce the Journal of Student Affairs.
The board consists of eight editors, and a reader board. The Journal accepts articles from alumni, current students, faculty, Student Affairs in Higher Education affiliates, and anyone interested in furthering the scholarship of the student affairs profession. Articles are submitted in the fall and the Journal is published mid-Spring. Please enjoy reading the Journal and consider submitting a scholarly work for the upcoming edition.
Mission Statement & Goals
The mission of the Colorado State University Journal of Student Affairs is to develop and produce a scholarly publication that reflects current national and international education issues and the professional interests of student affairs practitioners.
Goals of the Journal of Student Affairs
- The Journal will promote scholarly work and perspectives from graduate students and student affairs professionals, reflecting the importance of professional and academic research and writing in higher education.
- The Editorial Board of the Journal will offer students opportunities to develop editorial skills, critical thinking, and writing skills while producing a professional publication.
Submitting to the Journal of Student Affairs
The Journal of Student Affairs has a deadline that typically falls about halfway through the fall semester. Authors can use the Submit to the Journal page to submit articles.
The Journal accepts both literature reviews and original research, and also categorizes each of the articles into one of seven categories:
- Emerging Trends
- Student Development and Learning
- International and Global Perspectives
- Assessment and Research
- Diverse Populations and Social Justice Initiatives
- Organizational Change and Program Practice
- Law, Governance, and Ethics
To learn more about the editing and publishing guidelines we utilize, please visit our publication guidelines page.